That “time of the month,” no-no and Some Words to the Wise…
Nothing is more confusing than not knowing if it’s over between you and the “Boo” of your life.
About 90% of you will see the signs, which will help you move along and possibly become friends down the road. The other 10% will hang in there until their heart is totally broken or until the signs hit them on their forehead. Stop, look and listen… Balance your heart and your mind… and know the signs!
Is it that time of the month?
Lately, my boyfriend has been doing small annoying things that are getting so under my skin that at times it makes me wonder if he wants to be in a relationship. He’s shown up late for our date and acted like I am not even in the room when meeting his friends. The last straw was not even introducing me to his buddies from another school last week. The next day we met, I mentioned how I was feeling and how his actions were making me look more like a tag-on than his girlfriend. He had the nerve to say, “Where is this coming from? Oh, I understand. It’s that time of the month again.” I just walked away and never looked back. His time of the month was over!
Word to the wise…
Back in the day, I guess referring to a female becoming emotional was linked to “that time of the month,” by I don’t know who, but I’m sure they’re alone today. Lol. I believe most males use this saying because they do not know how to approach the emotional side of a female. Hopefully, they will learn that being a great listener is better than trying to be a doctor. Both come with practice.
I had my eye on this one special girl in school and eventually asked her out on a date. When she said yes, I was stoked. Now days later, I am feeling like I am being stalked by this girl. Every time I see her, she wants to reach out and hug, rub my back, play with my hair — oh it’s so annoying! I am glad I never gave her a good-night kiss because I feel that would have been the kiss of death.
Word to the wise…
It sounds like you made a good impression. Lol. For real though, some people are just too touchy-feely and it’s up to you to set the boundaries. If she thinks it’s cool, she’ll keep doing what she is doing. If you don’t want to get caught up in her web, nicely (and the word is nicely) break it down to her.