GET READY FOR A POWERFUL KAMP EXPERIENCE!
Kamp Kujichagulia – (pronounced koo-gee-cha-goo-LEE-ah)
This year 30 African Nova Scotian students in grades 9, 10, and 11 (ages 14 – 18) are invited to gather for the event. Held at Acadia University, July 1 – 6 2018. Acadia University and The Black Educators Association are pleased to now be accepting 2018 Kamp Kujichagulia Applications. Book your youth today. Kamp Kujichagulia 2018 Information package updated
KUJICHAGULIA is the second of the seven principles of Kwanzaa. Some of the objectives of the initiative are as follows:
- Motivate African Nova Scotian Learners to attend university/college through positive exposure and participation in university campus life;
- Reflect and provide education from an Africentric perspective;
- Demonstrate the possibility of combining sports, technology, culture, and academics in one’s life;
- Stimulate consideration of future employment/career options;
- Provide opportunities to interact with other African Nova Scotian learners and with African Nova Scotian role models.
- NEED MORE INFO? Contact the Black Educators Association Valley Regional Educator (902) 678-3390 or email at email@example.com.